Jay's Distorted World

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sudoku

Hi all, its another weekend and after a great weekend I feel as though I should be blogging about everything that went on, my feelings over the events of this past weekend and some changes I have made over the weekend, but I'm not. Just know that I had a pretty good weekend and this week is starting off pretty well so I hope to keep that going. This is going to be a strange post for me as I am going to post about a game I have fallen in love with.

Sudoku. Those of you familiar with the game know that it can be nerve wrecking at times trying to complete the task in front of you, but the joy of completing that task is great! I wanted to print out a copy of the game from my local sunday paper, but all I know how to do on this blog is write. Picture a large box with 81 small boxes within it (a 9x9 box). Within this box, the numbers 1-9 must appear only once in every row, column and 3x3 box. At first glance I thought this was going to be an easy task. How was I mistaken. I wanted to be fast and just throw numbers in random boxes and figure it out that way, yea that clearly didn't work. A hour and a half after starting what I thought was going to be a simple game, I was done. It took every bit of stubbornness within me to figure that puzzle out. I realize that those out there that have above normal intelligence (hi O ) probably will have no problem with this box, but for me, someone of average intelligence at best who had to work hard to achieve good grades in school, this posed a slight challenge. Being a logical thinker and unwilling to stop before I solved the puzzle I got it, but boy did it take everything in me. I challenge you guys to find a Sudoku game online, print it out (you might want to print out more than one copy and have a pencil nearby) and see how easy it is for you. For me, I'm about to find one before sunday.

9 Comments:

  • Yo man you got that sh!t, I cannot be bothered!

    I did one of those once and dreamed about numbers the whole week... Just messy.

    Talk to you soon love.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:06 AM  

  • I hate this dam game with a passion. It takes up valuable time in my life to play with some dam numbers

    oh btw " Morning Jay"

    Happy Wednesday

    By Blogger Promiscuous X, at 6:04 AM  

  • Yo...that game freaking kills me! I have tried over and over again to play it, and of course the frustration is something terrible. But eventually I get it...until I look down or over and see that I have two 8s in the same line...and I get pissed all over again! LOL.

    By Blogger Thoughts, at 7:01 AM  

  • My Mom got me into it at one point... I think the first time I did it was pretty easy, but for some reason, it got harder and harder, I was like what the F...!

    Yes my paper was filled with erasings, LOL

    They have a Sodoku game on PS3. I think I will just stick to echochrome when it comes out. I'm a visual guy. lol.

    By Blogger ShawnQt, at 1:36 PM  

  • "I do not like this game", said Sam I am!

    By Blogger fuzzy, at 5:33 AM  

  • This game is the fuckin shit! i love it!!! Maybe we will play. I missed you at the blogger reunion, maybe you will come to the next one!

    By Blogger Ailed LittleKnight, at 12:27 PM  

  • Allied I didn't know you were there. I probably won't be attending but who knows what tomorrow holds.

    I just finished a game of sudoku from this website I found. Put it on the hardest level and had a blast.

    By Blogger Jay, at 8:27 PM  

  • Allied I didn't know you were there. I probably won't be attending but who knows what tomorrow holds.

    I just finished a game of sudoku from this website I found. Put it on the hardest level and had a blast.

    By Blogger Jay, at 8:28 PM  

  • I didn't know he was there either hmmm. Now imm wondering cuz. Im kinda scared lol. Umm hit me up on GMAIL lol xavion20@gmail.com

    By Blogger Promiscuous X, at 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home