Jay's Distorted World

Sunday, April 13, 2008

I Me Mine

When does I, me, mine turn into we, us and our in a relationship. It appears that the togetherness of relationships have gone to the way of the selfish needs of the individual. If my needs are not met then I'm upset, no matter what your reason is. This is my money and if you don't have your own then I guess I will see you when I get back. This is my goal for life, live with it or leave. Have you ever caught yourself living with these words? Have you ever alienated a friend or love one because you only see the I me and mine? When does a relationship become about the us and our needs? When do our needs and goals transcend those of the individual? Aren't relationships, whether we are talking about a friendship or romantic relationship, about the merging of two souls, two wants to become that of the we, us and our?

I guess the superficial soul will only see a giving up of one's self, a change in their own personality to join the we, us and our, but isn't that the point. When we merge its because we are lacking something within ourselves that someone else can complete. A yearning for completion, to feel whole. Don't we think our single friends are incomplete because they are without a mate? For my religious people out there, don't we seek God because without him we are incomplete and empty? So yes, we are giving up part of ourselves for a better version of ourselves, the We, Us and Our that we need. Just a thought.

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • This is a very deep subject, but I got another way to look at it, but I digress.

    I will say this- without God, we are lost, incomplete, but with Him, we ARE God. As a dichotomy we are not at our full created order, but with Him, we are complete and I don't mean to have a substitution or some "higher being", having GOD and knowing Him as such is most important.

    I am a God. I have the same power as God because he said that I am.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:48 PM  

  • This wasn't just a thought...it was a damn good thought. It's that magic question of "which came first, eggs or the chicken?" of relationships.

    By Blogger Darius T. Williams, at 2:41 PM  

  • yes, Jay...YES!

    By Blogger Omar Ramon, at 5:53 PM  

  • I'm speechless ummm. I getting my own interpretation from this post an dam this is good. Now im thinkn about that mass text message you sent out the other day...didnt know you posted something similar to it...

    NOW.... You have the questions ...now were are the answers...I need some clarity my dam self...lol...I feel myself being in the same boat everytime Im faced with this question...anyone care to give some insight..lol

    Im wit Captain dam this is deep...Jay you have to much time on your hands....june cant come no faster huh??? lol

    By Blogger Promiscuous X, at 8:27 AM  

  • Yo...thats so true! On some real thats some true ish! An ever better question to go with this is how do u get it back the right way...do you look for a new relationship or do you fix the one you're already in?

    By Blogger Thoughts, at 2:48 PM  

  • That depends if both parties are willing to work on becoming a we. Really, what's the point of fixing something that doesn't want to be fixed?

    By Blogger Jay, at 4:19 PM  

  • amen! we and us should always be when it comes to a relationships. if i got it yours and vice versa. It should not be about ME but US and making US grow and be happy. Great piece.

    By Blogger Andre J. Allen II, at 9:11 PM  

  • Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:35 AM  

  • One of my favorite things to say is "there is no I in team"...I am a team player and I try my best to surround myself with people who have that same mentality. It's nothing worse than self-centered people who still have the mindset of an infant who thinks it's all about them.

    I think that a successful relationship of any kind is grounded in humility....

    By Blogger Keisha "Kitten" Isaacs, at 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home