Jay's Distorted World

Saturday, April 19, 2008

I need more

Despite the post below, I'm actually in a good space with my life. Sure nothing in my life is going as I would like it, but I have adopted a go with the flow attitude. I'm trying hard not to let anything get to me, just enjoy this life that I have. I want to make some changes to my life that will be hard, but I think are necessary because I think I have stalled. I want to feel happy all the time and feel like there is a balance of give and take with those around me, right now I feel content and unfulfilled. Once again, life is pretty good, hell, being realistic, I could be dead or still in the hospital right now, so each day for me is a blessing and I"m not going to complain. However, I want more or something different than what has become the norm. I'm not a big party goer nor do I really enjoy the club scene, alcohol used to help with my enjoyment there but I've decided to give that up. Now that may come as a big surprise to some, but its very true. Don't get me wrong, I can have fun in almost any social situation, but its not what I want.

The plan for this year is simple. Do things out of the ordinary, break out of the box and experience life. I plan on getting out of my comfort zone and travel on public transportation more, this will probably save me money as well as allow me to go visit places I would normally refuse to drive to. 1) I will attend some sporting events. Because the majority of my friends are not sports fan I have gotten away from attending sports events and I miss it. There was a five year period when I would go to a football game and two yankees games a year, and that was on a low year. I can't remember the last professional sporting event I went to. So if this means I need to venture out and make new friends, well I'm going to have to do that. 2) I want to go to more museums and plays. I really don't think I have the money to attend a broadway play with big named stars, but there are more plays out there than just those with the bright lights of the city. I want to sit and watch a painting, let it move me, picture myself in the running colors like I used to do when I was younger. 3) Eat out at better restaurants. No more Fridays, Applebees, Ihop, Ruby Tuesday's etc. as a 1st, 2nd or even a 3rd choice. I want to eat Indian food again, Thai, vegetarian, Ethiopian (had it before and it was great). 4) I will become better with my money. This should be the goal for most of us but I know I fall way short. I get a little depressed and I spend. I spend on food, clothes and others just to make myself feel better. I need to save because I want to move and I want furniture at my new place the same time I arrive not a month or four later. It may be difficult for me to actually follow through with all of these goals, but now I have an idea of what I want. Its going to be hard to do the first 3 and do number 4, but where there's a will there is a way.

I'm going to end this because I'm trying hard to shorten my post. Until next time I leave you with a question: Are you happy or content with your life?

6 Comments:

  • I'm neither, i ownt be content until im in a good place, i wont be happy until i exceed what i percieve to be my ultimate goal...right now life is life...a platform to divine happines ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:22 PM  

  • I'm not happy. Not really sure if I'm content. I'm in sync with your post 95%. Although I don't need to move, I definitely need to get my ish together so I can pay to play more. This is our year to kickstart it man. You just have to take it one a day at a time...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:57 AM  

  • And by pay to play, I mean reach a level where you can easily eat at a nice, 5-star restaurant, go to a broadway play, etc.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 AM  

  • Nah, I'm not happy at all...I'm kinda content - but not enough to let things settle where they are.

    By Blogger Darius T. Williams, at 8:51 AM  

  • I'm feeling the same way....I too plan to get out of my comfort zone and try some new things and go different places!

    They say if you keep doing what you've been doing....you'll keep getting what you've been getting!

    By Blogger Keisha "Kitten" Isaacs, at 6:39 PM  

  • Now that's a big step for you to be taking public transportation somewhere. Mike will be so proud lol.

    I can honestly say I am happy with my life. As humans, we will always feel the need to want more, so I think it'll be difficult for someone to be content with their life.

    By Blogger Jersey Brotha, at 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home