Jay's Distorted World

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

That 1st Day

The pain was unbearable and I was a prisoner of the one seater I had slept in the night before. Nothing was working currently. Arms and legs were unwilling to cause me additional pain so they decided to fight my commands to move. My body was cramped. My mother came downstairs and saw me just sitting still in the chair, "good morning, son." She continued downstairs to wash clothes, her normal saturday routine. "You ok," she yelled upstairs, realizing I hadn't repsonded to her intentional good morning.

"I need help."

"You want to go to the hospital?"

"yes," I said in a whimpering tone. Thump thump thump, my mother ran up the short flight of stairs from the basement to the family room where I was still trapped. Her face was filled with shock and concern. "Baby are you ok?"

"No. I can't move. It hurts."

"Ok, I'm going to get dressed. Do you want me to call one of your friends? Antwan? I'm going to call Antwan and see if he will come with us." She picked up her phone and I assumed she called Antwan because she emergered from the basement stating he needed to shower first. She went upstairs and got her things together. "Are you going to wash or put some clothes on?"

"I don't know."

"Ok I'm going to go upstairs and get you something to put on." She was in super mom mode, getting clothes together, making sure insurance card was accesible and back up cars were available. Ding, Ding Ding, the first piece of her plan had arrived within an hour of her call. But I was the bump in her plan. I really couldn't move. I mustard up some energy to throw on the clothes she had put together, not wanting Antwan to help me. I was actually embarrassed, I didn't want him to see me like that. Since I was already standing I ran to the car in the garage since the doors were open and took a seat.

My mother pulled up to the emerengcy room, jumped out the car (yes she left it running) and returned seconds later with a wheelchair. "Can you make it to the chair or do you want us to carry you?" Wanting to hold on to some diginity, I bit my bottom lip and moved to the wheelchair. I didn't know it then but that was the last time I would move volunteerily and remember it for days. Antwan found a spot where I could remain in the wheelchair and sit next to him. I gave him my phone because I couldn't hold it. My mother was trying to registar me. The pain was becoming more unbearable, tears ran down my cheek. A nursing assistant (I think that's what she was) came over to check my pulse and blood pressure. Next thing I know I'm being rolled into the emeregency room, no formal registration, no explanation. I was thrown on the table, doctors are coming in and out and i have an oxygen mask. "My body hurts, nothings wrong with my breathing," I tried to remove the oxygen mask but it was forced on me by one of the nurses in the room. Then... I can't remember

6 Comments:

  • i'm crying... i love you very much.

    By Blogger Omar Ramon, at 7:03 PM  

  • Wow...since this is my first time here, I'm beyond confused.

    Hope all is well...I'll be digging through your archives shortly.

    By Blogger Jazzy, at 9:36 AM  

  • Wow! Ummmmmm yea.

    By Blogger bLaQ~n~MiLD, at 11:42 AM  

  • That had to be scary as hell.

    By Blogger Ty, at 2:54 PM  

  • We are so glad you made it through Jay!

    By Blogger Jersey Brotha, at 8:21 PM  

  • I know all too well, Trust me! From being the one driving to the one being driven, I have been there...

    By Blogger fuzzy, at 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home