Jay's Distorted World

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Any Questions?

I tried to keep this inside, but that would not be me. I’m choosing to use this medium because all parties involved, whether directly or indirectly use Blogger.

During this period of change in our lives, things are being said, thought and interpreted but there are few honest answers and/or open discussions, well let me start so there are fewer questions, misconceptions and a clearer future. This is a beginning, hopefully, no matter if we all go our separate ways, we can keep this civil.

1. My comment left on Shawn’s October 18, 2007 blog was the same advice/comment I would lend to anyone in his situation, regardless of my affiliation with the other person. I’m sorry if anyone got hurt by the truth or didn’t realize my answer was going to be any different than what I perceived as the truth because I called both parties involved in the break up friend. I’m fair and consistent, so with the information I had in front of me, after reading his blog, I gave my opinion as I would give to anyone in that situation. I gave the advice that has been given in the past.

2. If anyone other than Xavier took to heart my blog on October 25, 2007, tough, you must have seen yourself somewhere in the words I expressed. As stated in my comment, as much as these were just random thoughts that were going through my head and encompassed a few different situations, it was geared to the spending habits of Xavier and I, who spent until we were, broke the last couple of weekends. However, some elements of my post can easily be associated to another, but is that my fault? Absolutely not! Just means others have similar issues.

3. Friends and advice in the mist of a break up. Neither I, nor any of Shawn’s other friends, could truly call ourselves his friend if we were not there for him. He was broken, surprised and hurt by someone he loved. His relationship was over and he didn’t fully understand what had happened which hurt him more. I can only speak for myself, but after hearing Daniel’s version of the break up, my heart went out to Shawn. I wanted to run to him immediately and wrap my arms around him. Did I choose sides? Yes! I internalized the situation and was thrown back to the day Antwan ended things completely between us; I re-felt that pain and could imagine how Shawn felt. It took me two days to speak to Daniel and I tried to regain my sense of normalcy with him, but it didn’t last long. During this period I offered my opinion when it was asked, and as always, I answered completely. The last thing I told Shawn was his relationship with Daniel was between them, if he wanted to continue to be friends with him, that’s on him and not to worry about our relationship with him. Going along with the theme of friends, advice and break ups, its funny, as I think about everything that has been said, hinted at or suggested, I continue to think about my own break up. To those that were around, is the advice we given Shawn the same that was given to me if not a little more diplomatic? Are we not giving the same advice we gave Omar during the Piper and Akee (sorry if I spelled his name wrong) relationships? Why should the advice be different if situations are similar because we are dealing with a friend? Doesn’t it become dishonest and become selfish if we would have done something other than the norm in this situation? We have encouraged Shawn to make his own decision, don’t rush into dating and try to move on. Is that not the advice you give to a friend in the mist of a break up?

4. Friends. Friendships, because ultimately it is by every right a relationship, should be built on truth and honesty. When that truth is tested, when lies fill the mouth of one friend and character changes or comes to light, a relationship will be put to question. I don’t like to be lied to for any reason and when someone lies to me or manipulates the truth I get annoyed and have to re-evaluate my relationship with that person.

5. If anyone has a problem with anything I have said, have any questions regarding the information on this post or need me to clear up any feelings and/or assumptions, you can leave a comment or text me anytime. Most of you that have my number know my calling restrictions, they still apply. Hope everyone has found what they needed. I tried to keep others feelings in mind and tone back some of my response, because I was told I come off harsh at times.

10 Comments:

  • Lol Jay has spoken. I was jus poking fun. lol. I saw a kee so I chuckled didn't mean anything by it. Oh yeah jay pay day can't come no quicker I'm down to less then $300. I wish it was friday

    By Blogger Promiscuous X, at 5:45 PM  

  • I must say that you offer a truth that no one else was bold enough to say. The feelings that you expressed were those that Shawn wanted to, but didn't. I am sure he is thankful for your bluntness.

    By Blogger Tyson, at 1:59 PM  

  • This clearly doesn't apply to me. I wouldn't be myself if I didn't leave my print behind.

    Would it be out of your character for you to just shutup? Seems like even though what you say may be the truth, it comes out "too harsh" or causes hurt feelings. BTW I can totally get behind the truth hurts cliche, I saw that comment coming in response!

    By Blogger Ailed LittleKnight, at 3:48 PM  

  • I could just shut up, but has anyone everyone gotten anything accomplished by being quiet? Did we gain some of our equality by being quiet? Did women gain the right to vote by being quiet? Nope, speak up for the truth. Truth shall set you free.

    By Blogger Jay, at 4:20 PM  

  • I may not have liked what you wrote on Shawn's blog, but I can understand. When we experience firsthand the exact same thing that someone else is going through, logic and reasoning go out the door, and emotions and sympathy set in. I'm sure we can all relate to that at some point in our lives. And Ailed, sorry, but Jay is gonna be Jay. He will NEVER shut up lol. His friends have just learned to love him for who he is.

    By Blogger Jersey Brotha, at 6:59 PM  

  • Speak forth, spare not. What the heart think, let it be said and judged and be established forevermore.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:25 PM  

  • All breakups are hard, so how about you "friends" consentrate on easing the pain, instead of pointing fingers. No matter who "side" your on.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 PM  

  • Chill wit da government(at least you spelt it wrong) lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:48 PM  

  • *Yawn* to you all. As Tyson would say "And so it goes...". Or is it "I Love you" now? O I don't know LOL.


    ~Damnit!

    By Blogger bLaQ~n~MiLD, at 10:43 AM  

  • o lord... so much sensitivity...

    i dunno guys...

    By Blogger Omar Ramon, at 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home