Jay's Distorted World

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Beat, Hurt, Breath and Release

Beat…No one has to tell me that I’m beat over ‘A,’ I know it to be true for myself. All the signs are right there in front of me clear as day. Shit, who else treats someone else for lunch and buys them a gift on their birthday? But can you blame me? We’ve shared just about everything for almost two years now, he became one of my closest friends, my lover, my partner, a shoulder to cry on, and my other half (and these titles are not necessarily the same). I did for him just because and he did the same for me. We wanted each other to be happy. I would and did just about anything to make him happy.

Hurt…it has been almost a week since those words scrolled across my phone, but to relive it now still causes a shooting pain in my chest and forces me to hold back tears. He finally told me that he doesn’t see us getting back together. He had no reason for his decision, stated that he didn’t understand it himself, but that was his answer. I respected his decision but my world, my dreams, my thoughts for the future shattered. I wanted answer but none made the words easier to digest, none took the sting away from the initial shot.

Breath…I took a deep breathe, collected myself before the tears snuck out of my eyes. Pulled it all together. Used the breath to take in all that was said over the past two years, all that was done and all that was never said. Assessed the rejection text I had just received and tried to figure out my next course of action.

Release…I released the pain for that moment, let go of the memories of the past. I released the memory of the text and the conversation I had with ‘A.’ I released my life and began to live again. I’m learning to live again, while leaving room for ‘A’ (did I mention I’m beat?...lol)

5 Comments:

  • Wait when the hell you post this? I do not remember seeing this yesterday but umm I'm kinda sad to hear "A's" response, but atleast u got your answer that u been pondering on. of course not what u were looking forwarded to hearing but..... Take than run with it. He gone realize what he had when its too late they always do. *singing* "Its been too long, an I'm lost without you. What am I gonna do..... ". Another chapter begins....

    By Blogger Promiscuous X, at 7:22 AM  

  • You already know how I feel, from what we just discussed...

    "You too fly for this shit!"

    -the future blogger.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:32 PM  

  • I feel your hurt with you, you know I hve been there before. There is nothing wrong with leving the letter "A" out of the lphbet of your life.

    I cn't wit until you try out the letter L or mybe R... maybe even an S! S is sexy!

    By Blogger ShawnQt, at 10:18 AM  

  • (I know what shawns favorite soup was!! Campbell's Alphabet soup...lol)

    Jay, life is too short to be consumed by someone who is confused. Granted I like "A" because his demeaner is the very antithesis of my own which creates mystery. But like any book that bores me (which would be all of them...), I will place it down to collect it's proper distribution of the dust that's circulates in my room. Hence this is what you need to do. Friends, no problem. Lovers...just let it be.

    By Blogger bLaQ~n~MiLD, at 12:46 PM  

  • Who is "the future blogger"???

    Ummm I don't know what to say! I mean really. Lemme think for one sec... Quite frankly I am tired of you waiting for some guy that has made it clear that he doesn't wanna be with you. I dont wanna be the one to sit here and watch you hurt yourself anymore. Yes you are hurting yourself. "A" hurt you the first time and you are responsible for yourself allowing hum to hurt you more. You are the cause of your own pain. I hate to be the bitch, and I know you aint gonna like me for sayin it but MOVE ON!!!

    Whew, with that being said, you wanna grab some ColdStone? :-) C'Mon You know you wanna! hehe

    By Blogger fuzzy, at 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home