Jay's Distorted World

Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Year's Resolution

Ok, I'm not one for making New Year's Resolution, actually I vowed I would never make a resolution. Almost ten years later I broke my vow. My New Year's Resolution is to maintain my new friendship.

During my ordeal in the hospital, my twin sister, Sharmaine, was right by my side. Spending long nights at the hospital, avoiding her boyfriend and surrendering her vacation, she was there. I don't remember any of that, but when i came through, she was there with my mother and brother. Over the next few days we laughed, we slept, she wiped my forehead of sweat, adjusted my bed and did i mention slept? On New Year's eve we had a discussion on why we didn't talk much/ why we weren't friends. It was a brutually honest conversation. The end of it all, we love each other and there is no reason we can't be friends. So, we decided to extend our friendship past the walls of the hosiptal and when I come out.

This will be different. I spent most of my life disliking my sister, avoiding my sister so I wouldn't hate her, now we will be spending time together, actually hanging out. This should be interesting.

Oh, to the crew, you will be part of this because she wants to hang with you guys also...for some reason she likes you guys.

11 Comments:

  • LoL. Well she likes me cause Imma sexy lil something! Hehe. Naw your sister is cool. Sometimes it takes trying event's in peoples lives to bring them together. That's how God works baby boy.

    Much love and see you soon!

    ~Damnit!

    By Blogger bLaQ~n~MiLD, at 11:37 AM  

  • She is kewl lol. I like her attitude. She had me rolling last weekend lol. She dont care what she say lol. But on a good note im glad you are feeling alot better. I prayed for you all the time. even though you only remember me coming to see you once while you were in an out of it. I love ya like a brother. NOW DONT YOU EVER SCARE MY BLACK ASS AGAIN. Next time ima turn white as a ghost, now we all no thats not gone happen. lol

    I just notice you back to doing these dam double post. What i tell you about let me reading the first one first dammmmm....

    By Blogger Promiscuous X, at 12:57 PM  

  • Glad to see that you are doing better. Sorry that I wasn't there on Christmas but the guys went and didn't tell me, even the ones in the house with me. Oh well. The important thing is that you are better.

    By Blogger Ty, at 2:53 PM  

  • Yaaaaaaaaay we're gonna have a straight female in our little group! LOL. I like Sharmaine too (I like your other sister too for that matter). Hurry up and get your black ass outta that hospital; you're being deprived of the clips I have in store for you.

    By Blogger Jersey Brotha, at 8:27 PM  

  • Awwwww Is Sharmaine the sister who is a new "Word 4 Today" recipient? Was I formally introduced? That is so cool! Hanging with family! "We are a family like a giant tree branching out towards the sky..."

    By Blogger fuzzy, at 11:59 AM  

  • Happy New Year to you sir! It is a New Year and this is your "New LIFE." Enjoy it with all of your being! I am so happy that you are doing better and you have God, family and friends to see you through your crisis.

    Stay Dapper!

    D

    By Blogger Motionphics, at 10:02 AM  

  • Happy New Year to you sir! It is a New Year and this is your "New LIFE." Enjoy it with all of your being! I am so happy that you are doing better and you have God, family and friends to see you through your crisis.

    Stay Dapper!

    D

    By Blogger Motionphics, at 10:02 AM  

  • Glad you're out of the hospital. I hope you are able to maintain waht could one day be a valuable realtionship with your sister.

    By Blogger WhozHe, at 4:25 PM  

  • ya sista is fly (and sexy) you know meka's my homie all day tho.
    ya fam is cool, period.

    By Blogger Omar Ramon, at 1:07 PM  

  • Oh O you know mika is my top dawg. I'm finally home!

    By Blogger Jay, at 5:48 PM  

  • I actually had a great time at your house playing taboo with your sister and family!

    By Blogger ShawnQt, at 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home