Jay's Distorted World

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Life Changes

They finally released me from my prison. I had begun loosing my mind and sense of self while in the hospital and it was only a matter of days before a full mental break occurred. The purple walls were beige to me as I never noticed the color despite staring at them for hours on end. Delusions of visitors and conversations that never happened with people that were or were not present, paranoia racing through my mind thinking the workers were trying to kill me. Delusions, paranoia and medication working together I came up with three times they tried to kill me (two I believe are true today). But I'm free now, I'm home. I am still in pain but I'm home.

My diet has to change. I'm on a low-fat low sodium diet. As some of you may know I had to cut dairy out of my diet a few months back because it was causing me breathing problems, while now I have to say bye to bacon, most cuts of pork, chips ahoy chocolate cookies (the lady said I could have 1 or 2 every once in a while, who can do that?), I have to limit my beef intake and they really don't want me to have steaks. So, healthy food for me. Now I like when my sister cooks (she only cooks low-fat foods) so I'm happy when she is home, but when my moms cooks the meat is extra dry. Any cooks out there want to make me something to eat and drop it off, I'm cool with that.

For the next 6 months I can not work. This is going to drive me crazy. Sure I hate going to work and complain about it, but I can't live without it, it's apart of who I am. I need to contribute, be able to pay my own way and stay active, not being able to work is forcing me to change a part of me. In addition to working, I can't drive for at least month and for 3-4 months if I'm not driving I have to sit in the back like a two year old. I don't sit in the back and I like to drive my own car (when I'm in Jersey, JB got me in the city), now I need to depend on someone else. I guess the bottom line here is I hate to depend on others to do something I should be able to do.

11 Comments:

  • First no cheese, now no more pork? Your world is definitely comin to an end now lol. Just let me know what you are able to eat.

    I know it's gonna be like hell on earth to be at home for 6 months, cause we all know how much you HATE being bored and inactive.

    Yup, I got you on the ride to the city. Hell, I'm used to it now lol.

    I can completely understand your frustration. When you're stripped of things you're used to doing yourself, you feel like a part of you is gone (or even like you're less of a man). My only advice is to take it easy and let yourself recover. (Maybe it was God's way of telling you that). I know it's gonna be a hard, slow process. But the race is not always given to the swift my friend. Sometimes it's given to the ones that have the most endurance. I say all that to say....hurry ya ass up so that we can get you back to drinking! LOL

    By Blogger Jersey Brotha, at 8:20 PM  

  • Dam I thought these diets were mainly for old people lol. but hey we need you to get better an if taking away some of your favorite foods is the consequences then so be it lol. If you need something let me know you only live less then 10mins away from me. Yayyy jays home.I feel you on the need to work you cant just sit back an do nothing. Just think about when you retire lol. Just thank god you have a of your limbs an not paralyzed or something.

    Luv Ya Playboi

    By Blogger Promiscuous X, at 5:40 AM  

  • Glad to hear that your getting better! Oh and about the changes, they are all for the better! Good luck with the transition!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:47 PM  

  • Ummm you sure was puttin on a front and you seemed like yourself to me! You never know what a person is thinking or feeling in their head!

    I got you Jay, I will be fixing my car soon and very soon... I will be in touch with you to find out specifically what you want and what you must have. I will get creative to make it taste good. This will be a good chance to develop special request foods! (dietary foods)

    Until you are able to do what you want to do again, you need to chill out man! Please don't be your own worst enemy! Be cool and recuperate. I hope to drive up to see you soon!

    By Blogger fuzzy, at 10:47 AM  

  • I know that has to be hard especially for someone as independent as you. But it is for your health and if you take care of your body now, it will better help revive it.

    I need to call you.

    By Blogger Ty, at 3:27 PM  

  • You'll be fine boy! Now stop whining, get better, and pick up a glass! LoL

    Naw I feel ya yo. You never realize the simple pleasures you have until they are taken away. Just think of this time as a transition period. Once you get used to it, it won't be so bad. Keep ya head up baby boy!

    ~Damnit!

    By Blogger bLaQ~n~MiLD, at 4:56 PM  

  • I guess you see what senior citizens go through and why they push for assisted suicide.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:53 PM  

  • Captain, you are a mess! LMAO.

    By Blogger bLaQ~n~MiLD, at 1:35 PM  

  • well i am here just let me know if there is anything i can make you i am on a dessert kick so just let me know what kinda low fat desserts i can make and i got u

    By Blogger Trackstar, at 12:15 AM  

  • I can only imagine the life changes you have to go through. I feel really really bad that I had to eat bacon in front of you.

    See I should have read your blog before coming over. I will try and make a consious attempt to not eat food around you that you can't eat.

    I will try... a brotha gets hungry, lol.

    Well for the next 6 months, I will try and bring the party to you as much as possible. You know American Idol is our thing, so I can't wait until Tuesday!

    By Blogger ShawnQt, at 10:36 AM  

  • I haven't read your blog in a while, but believe me, I understand how you feel 3000%.

    God will see you through, you will get better, some of us just need a little extra care.

    Happy New Year Jay, hopefully we'll talk soon.

    (And err... umm you might have to call me, hopefully you still have my #, I got a new SIM card.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home