Jay's Distorted World

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Truth, Love and Glasses

I'm back...it's been a minute since my last post, partly due to the fact that I haven't had the time to devote to a single post, but I need to get some things off my chest so here I am. If you have any questions about anything I'm about to say, need clarification on anything feel free to email me at jdavis07006@tmail.com for a quick response, just put jaysdistortedworld in the subject line or I will probably delete it thinking its spam. Of course those of you with my number can text me.

Truth
I've come to realize that most people don't want nor can they handle the truth. What they really want is someone to treat them like fucking kindergarten students and make them believe that everything is all nice and pretty. Well life isn't! What is the old saying, "truth hurts!" I get called an ass, asshole or jerk from time to time because when asked my opinion, ask for my insight, or asked why..., I give what is true for me. Believe it or not, it is normally flirted and what I'm really thinking is a lot harsher than what actually comes out of my mouth. "You can give your opinion without being so hurtful," I CAN'T. I don't want to leave any room for a misunderstanding as grey areas in life only lead to more questions and hurt in the long room. Plus, once again, life isn't pretty and nice, nor is the truth.

What I have done in a way to save the feelings of those who can't handle someone being honest with them is 1) don't give my unsolicited opinion. 2) avoid talking to them 3) ignore them at all cost. If someone can not handle the truth, if their therapist believes that my brand of truth is going to scar their already fragile psyche, then by all means keep it moving. If you don't want the truth stop asking questions you dumb fuck!


Friends and Lovers
As I go on in life I'm beginning to recognize that some single friends are not good for you and/or your mate when you are in or trying to build on a romantic relationship. Some friends want you to continue to act out and be a damn whore with them, in total disregard for what you have or are building. These friends need to be checked or released. I'm still unsure if their issue is they want to be with one of the individuals, are jealous they are not in a relationship or just plain dislike for their friend's mate, but the mate tends to look like the bad person because they can clearly see the friend for what he or she is. I have a good core of friends right now who like my "friend" and I know they wouldn't let me step out of character or do anything I wouldn't do in front of him when he is not around.

I don't see a lot of my close associates and friends, but personally I don't really see a problem with it. I know O is busy, D, brandon and Greg live to damn far (bitch you know I hate to drive, hell O is too far if he isn't at his mother's house), but that doesn't mean I don't care for them. I think most of them get it, but I know I had a long IM conversation with one person recently trying to clarify somethings up. I just don't see the need to be around my friends all the time. Sure, sometimes a friend needs to get away from their life, need to talk or just want to catch up, but to get me to drive, most people already know you have to be creative for this lazy man to move...lol. But football season is about to start so chances of chilling are going to be very limited (expect for you D, I can watch the game with you...lol).

Glasses?
I think I need glasses. Ok I'm pretty sure I need them, but I refuse to invest in them right now. My best friend has a nice pair that I looked good in, but I don't want to get any. No real reason why not, other than I hate going to the doctors of any kind. I know I'm probably going to have to go to the eye doctor before the year is out but like everything else, I'm going to put it off until the last minute. Nope, there is nothing you can say to make me go sooner, so don't bother. Really don't bother because I won't read it.

Ok I know this has been very random, but hell it helped me so I can care less. I probably will need to revisit one or more things in the future but for right now, I freed up some space in my head for other thoughts, so until the next time I need to free up some space I'm out.

15 Comments:

  • the truth hurts :: get some glasses.

    lol.

    By Blogger ShawnQt, at 12:16 PM  

  • Here we go again...ughhhhh

    By Blogger Promiscuous X, at 12:51 PM  

  • Truth:
    My bestfriend always cracks up at me because he says I have the spirit of Sophia Petrillo. He says I say the first thing that comes to mind no matter what the situation is or who it involves. Like you, there's no need to sugar coat EVERYTHING. Geez. Get over it. If you know me, and u know I can be brash, then don't ask. I'm with you on that one bro!

    Friends and Lovers
    Sometimes it's natural for friends to sort of back off/away when you are in a budding relationship. If your friends are asking you to continue to "whore around" (I hope that's just a figure of speech), then it's up to you to decline the offer. I'm sure they'll be understanding. By far does that mean you no longer have feelings for them or vice versa, it's just that you've had a shift of priorities.

    Glasses

    By Blogger Acoustic Soul, at 1:25 PM  

  • I absolutely agree about speaking the truth. Life is too short to be beating around the damn bush. But I also learned that some cannot handle the truth as others see it when it is thrown back at them. Most of us don't mind giving our truth, but can we take what we dish out?

    *Sigh* I lived too far when I was in Somerset, and now I still live too far even though I'm only about 25 minutes from you. I don't know what the hell to do with you lol. But I still love ya. I'ma get you to come to my spot sooner or later.

    Take all the time you need to build your relationship. Hell, I understand and I don't take it personally. As long as you're happy.

    Get the glasses. Better yet, get contacts (that is if ya stubborn ass can stand putting pieces of plastic in your eyes lol).

    By Blogger Jersey Brotha, at 6:14 PM  

  • Hey but I did visit in somerset, more than once! But you know how much I love to drive :-(

    I can take the truth, hell I think I'm my hardest critic (sp)

    By Blogger Jay, at 6:23 PM  

  • The truth can be a wonderful thing! It does not always have to hurt. It can be lightly sweetened to lessen the blow without sacrificing and of the truth that will be delivered. Its all in the delivery and setting. If I'm laughing telling you something serious, not going to stick so easily. Some people need that blunt truth however cause they hard headed. I am one of those ones that is hardheaded!

    I don't have many single friends, but at the same time my relationship is whatever at the moment!

    On the glasses tip, try corrective eye surgery if your ins covers it. It beats having those lines on the side of your face!

    By Blogger Ailed LittleKnight, at 8:50 AM  

  • I definitely am one that can need a lil sugar. I take things to heart. Then there are times when I need that swift blow of the truth. Yea, I'll be hurt but I'll get over it right? Hopefully...

    I don't think I have had that problem with my single friends being caught up in their antics and so on...

    Glasses, you betta do what you need to do! Once your sight is gone, it aint no bouncing back from that lessn Jesus lay a healing wonder on you!

    By Blogger fuzzy, at 10:37 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger bLaQ~n~MiLD, at 10:40 AM  

  • Jay, maybe you're "unhappy" and "miserable". LMAO!

    I've learned to say what I have to say and keep it moving. Life is too short to worry about thin skinned children who prance around with their feelings/emotions on the gentle cycle. BITCH, RINSE OFF!!!

    I agree with you on your second point too. Ya can't bring your dude around all of your friends. Ya also gotta watch the company you keep when your with someone. But bytch, if you don't carry your happy ass to my house for a drink and some food when football starts back up, a phenominal homo will get beat phenominally!!! LoL.

    *Singin* THREE BLIND MICE...THREE BLIND MICE! LoL

    ~Damnit!

    By Blogger bLaQ~n~MiLD, at 11:12 AM  

  • Yea, pretty random...but people can't take the truth partly because their living a lie. See, it's one thing when you're transparent and living the real you - then you can deal with shit. You can accept shit. You can even listen to shit and think to yourself, "yea, he's right." But, when you're living a lie and not the real you then you can't begin to accept when the truth comes at you. Trust me, I'm speaking from experience here...

    By Blogger Darius T. Williams, at 11:54 AM  

  • I have to agree with you 100%

    By Blogger Jay, at 12:15 PM  

  • You better PREACH Mr. Darius T. Williams!!! Amen Lights and Roaches!!! Sir, where is your robe?!!!

    ~Damnit!

    By Blogger bLaQ~n~MiLD, at 12:19 PM  

  • Yup, I remember you driving to Somerset a few times. And I was so proud of you :) Ya ass watched that looooooooooong ass Troy all the way through!

    By Blogger Jersey Brotha, at 5:43 PM  

  • u know i love you and miss you. wish we could spend more time together but am not gonna whine about it. we're both handling things that are important to us right now.

    By Blogger Omar Ramon, at 6:57 PM  

  • honesty is important. so is love. anything, whether it is hard or easy to hear/handle, is more willingly accepted and more easily applicable when it is dealt in love. I can point out your flaws and open and punctuate my statements in love . this is not to say soften the blow, sugarcoat etc. it's jst to say that tact and a loving manner have their place in all conversations.

    By Blogger Omar Ramon, at 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home