Jay's Distorted World

Thursday, June 05, 2008

My week so far...

Its almost the end of another work week and I'm not going to bore the majority of you with talk of upcoming sporting events that will consume most of my time, but just know this upfront, NBA finals begin today and I will be in front of a television watching the game and my phone conversations will be limited to sports talk (not necessarily limited to basketball, but sports in general). With the end of the week and so much that has happen so far I found it very difficult to get a full nights sleep in, so I decided to blog a little, but where to begin?

Monday did not go as I had planned. I wanted to spend the day in bed or on the couch, in short, I wanted to rest, I had a busy and entertaining weekend, so I needed to relax. I figured I would get up early and deposit my check in the bank (sidebar- why can't we have direct deposit on disability checks in this state? I mean really, if I'm too sick to work do you really think I want to go to the damn bank?) so I could pay my rent on time and not worry about overdrawing my account once my car note was automatically taken from my account. with that out of the way early I figured I would rest. Well, the husband had other plans. We went to the mall after he tutored his sister and changed his clothes from work. I managed not to spend any money at the mall even though there was a pair of sneakers I wanted on sale. We then went to the city for dinner. There is a small diner like restaurant in the village that I like that we went to. I still don't know the name of the place even though I have been there countless times. We found a parking spot in front of the restaurant, which for New York, was amazing. We enjoyed a small dinner outside, nothing special, just enjoying each other's company, simple, the way I like it. We were going to meet some of his friends at the Village Underground for live music later, so instead of waiting there for his friends to get to the city we decided to walk to the pier. It was at the pier that we got a shock to our relationship as well as a good laugh. It was time to walk to the Village Underground (I wanted to walk, it really wasn't too far, but he really wanted to drive), we were talking and laughing, basically in our own world, no physically contact, just laughing when a guy yelled out, "nice sneakers." Tony turned and said thank you, innocent right? Well, the guy turns to his friends and says, "see there is a nice man, must people don't speak anymore, even when they are being complimented." His friends agreed and I thought that was going to be it, but then we hear, "you hold on to him, you have a good man there! Seriously, you found yourself a good man." I turned and said thank you, Tony looked at me and we tried everything not to laugh. Wow, do we really act like a couple? The Village Underground was great. Professional, semi-Professional and amateur singers sung along with a live band. Diversity was definitely apart of the decor, everyone type of person was represented in this spot. I had a good time and a little upset at myself that it has taken me so long to enjoy an event there. It won't be my last.

Tuesday was supposed to be another day of rest that didn't happen. I really didn't sleep well, waking up every 15 minutes or so it seemed, so when my mother opened the door to check on me at a quarter to 2pm I was a little shocked that it was so late. I threw on some clothes and went food shopping. The house was looking empty and I couldn't find anything to eat or cook and for a not so small brother that is a problem...lol. It was hot outside and even hotter outside so I really wasn't in the mood to deal with anyone, especially since I really didn't sleep through the night. I unpacked the bags once I got home as quickly as I could so I didn't have to worry about anyone wanting to help (ok, I didn't want my mother helping because then she would want to talk and it was too hot for that shit today). After unpacking food, I made something to eat and sat downstairs with my brother and his girlfriend. I almost couldn't eat, she was in pain and it hurt me to see her like that. I love her like a sister and really enjoy her company and the last couple of days of her pregnancy were brutal. She went from walking around and playing with the dog to being posted on the couch in pain in the matter of two days. I wanted my niece to just come out so she could feel some relief and the heat in the house was not helping at all. She decided to go home and shower, feeling like the baby would come shortly and not wanting to be sticky once she got to the emergency room (I'm not going to say anything but really, who does that? LOL). I ended up going out to dinner with a friend. It was cool, nothing special, just good conversation about raising kids and making life commitments, you know...adult stuff. On my way to pick up O I get a text letting me know that my niece has finally graced us with her presence. I was so excited but our first meeting would have to wait since she waited until after visiting hours to pop her head out...lol. I went to spend sometime with another friend after dropping O off (O was on the way and I didn't want him walking home late at night so i offered to get him. I'm sure his stubborn ass would have taken a bus and been walking around Newark had I not offered but since I was going that way what would be the point?).

Wednesday started off weird. I had a very sick dream that I will not blog about in fear that someone will call the cops on me or try to have me committed to a Psychiatric hospital, just know that my dream did not involve any minors. I jumped up took a quick shower and headed to the hospital to see my new niece. O came along with me but unfortunately he was unable to come up and see the baby and the new mommy. My niece is/was in the Intensive Care Unit, she's ok but she was undergoing treatment for some disorder that escapes me right now. Liyah, my brother's girlfriend, wasn't in the company mood so she didn't want to see O even though she loves him (sometimes I think she likes him more than me). I did get a chance to see the little angel and she was as white as her parents (lol) with nice full straight hair. I got home, cooked something to eat (i thought it was for lunch but turned out to be my dinner) and then the events of the last 5 days took its toll on my body, I crashed on the couch. Tony stopped by and interrupted my sleep for a hot minute, he said he just wanted to see me. I get to his car and he is wearing my three favorite colors (loved the shirt he was wearing), he reached in the backseat, smiled and said, "I just wanted to give you this even though you wouldn't bring me anything to eat (he asked me to bring him something to eat while I was cooking for myself)," he handed me a bag of chips ahoy chocolate chip cookies, my favorite. I was too tired to smile but made sure I texted him later to convey my thanks and appreciation, especially since my sister was supposed to pick me up some and didn't. Back to the couch for so more rest, woke up to hit the treadmill and shower before calling it an early night.

Ok, so I have rambled on and on about my week so far, pretty much typed as if I was talking, oh well, it's my blog and I can do what I want...lol. This weekend is supposed to be very hot and I want to go to somebody's pool but I'm not comfortable with taking off my shirt just yet (hate the scar n my chest, it reminds me of everything I try to forget) so I will probably fight with my mother and keep the air on in the House all weekend (I'm convinced this chick enjoys passing out due to the heat because this house has been at least 85 degrees all week and she refuses to keep the central air on). I think I 'm about to clean my room so until next time...

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home