Jay's Distorted World

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Code of Jay

I'm a fan of the showtime show, Dexter and I thought in a tribute of sorts I would do my own code of harry. I code which I live by even though it may seem shady to some. Enjoy.

The code of Jay:

1. Never intentionally hurt those close to you. If you have to question your actions before you go through with them, consult someone or just don't do them, 9 times out of 10 you are about to do the wrong thing. These people also are your support system, which you will need.

2. Speak the truth. This is the only time you can hurt someone intentionally, but they need to know the truth and down the line a lie hurts a lot more. The truth also eliminates most drama in less than perfect relationships. If someone knows they are a jump off there is no confusion to their role.

3. Own up to your flaws. Be a man and recognize who you really are. Takes the sting away when others point out your short comings.

4. Apologize when you are wrong. Sometimes we make mistakes, but we need to own up to them and apologize, ownership is the key to maturity.

5. Consistency. Treat everyone and every situation the same. special treatment gets us all in trouble and allows a gray area in life. Most things in life should be black and white.

6. Stand by your word. What you say about someone behind their back, be prepared to say it to their face. Stand by your word. If you make a promise, give your word, stick with it.

7. Remind those close to you how special they are to you. Appreciate the people that understand you, because without them you may be lost.

Those are my codes I try hard to live by. I've done some questionable things in my life, but for the most part I've lived by these rules. I'm not perfect, nor have I claimed to be, but I do try to live by a certain code, certain rules. Pretty sure some of you are snickering right now, probably get some comments saying I'm full of shit, but we shall see. If you think your comment is private you can text me if you have the number or email me (I think its on my profile), until next time...

14 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:06 PM  

  • but yeah...mayb i should create a code of my own...oh we already know my Noah's Arc character is Noah lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:20 PM  

  • I'm really feeling codes:

    6. Stand by your word. What you say about someone behind their back, be prepared to say it to their face. Stand by your word. If you make a promise, give your word, stick with it.

    2.Speak the truth. This is the only time you can hurt someone intentionally, but they need to know the truth and down the line a lie hurts a lot more. The truth also eliminates most drama in less than perfect relationships. If someone knows they are a jump off there is no confusion to their role.

    7. Remind those close to you how special they are to you. Appreciate the people that understand you, because without them you may be lost.

    I see you put some thought into your lil Constitution lol

    Good Post......I have to say I was craking the hell up reading this shit. This is such a jay post lol.

    "Ask and you shall receive" lol

    BTW....who deleted the first comment. I wonder who it was. lol

    By Blogger Promiscuous X, at 6:06 AM  

  • I wrote, the deleted message. put a lil too much info in it ... if you know what i mean ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:47 AM  

  • Good codes to live by!

    By Blogger Jersey Brotha, at 7:24 PM  

  • I'm looking forward to next season of Dexter

    By Blogger Wonder Man, at 10:07 PM  

  • These seem pretty much right.

    What the heck is Dexter?

    By Blogger ShawnQt, at 6:27 AM  

  • Dexter is a CSI that happens to be the best mass murderer in miami. He is a psycho...his adoptive father instilled a code in him at a young age to try to curb his need to kill.

    By Blogger Jay, at 8:09 AM  

  • yo im really in feelin this and with your permission id like to repost it...

    By Blogger SpecialK261, at 4:18 PM  

  • Go for it

    By Blogger Jay, at 4:56 PM  

  • Great list...really great list. You always have had great lists. LOL

    By Blogger Darius T. Williams, at 10:41 AM  

  • I reserve my sarcasm for another time! I think the list is a great way of living. it seems to be missing something, when I think of it, i will let you know...

    By Blogger fuzzy, at 3:58 PM  

  • Hmmmmmmmmm... interestingly enough I live by all of which you said and often am slightly disliked by a few for practicing the principles. Ah well...

    ~Damnit!

    By Blogger bLaQ~n~MiLD, at 10:15 AM  

  • Dapper post!

    By Blogger Motionphics Studios, at 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home