Jay's Distorted World

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Update on my life and love

The past couple of weeks have been great for me. I've had time to think, reflect, relax and just be me with no thought of anyone else. In short, I've just been me. I took a break from "the crew," to re find myself and the direction of my life, hang out with a new group of people and just be alone. I've been around more people recently that don't drink, which for me, at this point in my life, I really need and it has been a good experience. As stated in a previous post, I used to drink a lot but I have recently given up on the bottle for the sober life, so I'm trying to take this change on the same way an alcoholic would. I'm trying to stay away from temptation and find new things to do and even people, that aren't centered around drinking. I've been out to dinners, bars and bowling, places where there are an abundance of drinks, but the people I have been around aren't big drinkers so if someone had a wine cooler it was a big deal and a shock to the rest of the people we were with. I love it! This isn't for everyone, and this isn't to say that those people who drink are bad or immoral, its just change for me, something that I'm doing differently for me.

I'm still single and it is becoming more of a bother to me as the weeks go on. I met this great guy, well I've known him for a few years but out friendship has turned into something different recently. He is a good guy, but that seems to be the kiss of death for me. There is no fire, no passion between us and I'm wondering why I won't let myself be happy with a good guy. I mean he is everything I thought I wanted. He is smart, loving, caring, tall, handsome, masculine, has his own, constant, and employed, all the qualities I love in a man, but it just seems like something is missing. On one hand I think its my love for one of my exs (in this case Tony) that is holding me back, but that really hasn't stopped me before and I had this problem prior to ever meeting Tony. But blaming someone else would be easy, give me a quick solution to a complex problem that has been bothering me for years. On another hand I just think its me being afraid to allow someone someone so right to love me. almost as if I think that I'm not worth being loved the way I want to be. This guy is not without his flaws but the baggage that tends to make me want to stay around and deal with someone else's bullshit is not there, he really comes off like he wants to make me happy. I'm not ready to cast him aside because he does do the little things that make me smile and feel warm inside even though he has no idea, but I can't ignore the feeling that something is missing.

As hinted above, my feelings for my friend Tony has returned. We have had a strange relationship since we first met about five years ago (wow it may have been longer than that). We fight, we argue, but we seem to be the other person in the world that can deal with the other on their worst day. A relationship with Tony won't work right now for sure because he has a boyfriend and for the first time I actually don't dislike or have any ill feelings toward this one. He seems like a good guy (it won't work...lol) but I know something is lacking in their relationship even if Tony won't admit it. Tony holds a special place in my heart and I in his, so we give each other the quality time that we need. I can see myself with him, but I'm not going to push that issue, if it is ever meant to be it will happen, but I love our friendship even though it is keeping me from having a boyfriend (he knows why).

Shit, I have to run, on my way out with my best friend to celebrate his birthday. This birthday season has to end quickly because all these birthday dinners are killing me. Come August I just want a happy birthday text and I'll be good...lol

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • You know, as long as I've known you, I never realized how bad your drinking problem was until you blogged about it recently. But I'm glad you saw the need to make a change. I will make a conscious effort not to have a drink around you.

    I completely understand taking a break from "the crew" and being around a different group of people. Sometimes you need to take a step back from all that is familiar to regroup and get to where you need to be in life. Changes are hard, but most times necessary.

    As far as this new dude, you deserve to have somebody that treats you right and does not have any baggage. Those two things are not mutually exclusive. Learn to accept that.

    I wish you all the happiness in the world!

    By Blogger Jersey Brotha, at 8:10 PM  

  • You something else yo I swear but its is wat it is. Happy trails

    By Blogger Promiscuous X, at 5:55 AM  

  • can I send you my text now? lol

    There was a question that someone asked me in the laundry list of questions. "what do you feel when you drink" or something like that. I answered as it kills my inhibitions. But at the cost of my liver and good judgement, I feel i will soon get myself in trouble. I am going to make a good effort to reduce and eliminate my liquor intake.

    I believe we all need time to ourselves, and quite possibly a change. I have even started hanging out with individuals and different people vs the entire group all of the time. It becomes predictable and always the same outcome. I want something different!

    I hope that you find the man you are looking for. I hope you will realize when you find him that he is the guy for you. I hope you can release that bond between tony and anyone else who may be holding you back.

    Much Luv to you!

    By Blogger fuzzy, at 11:22 AM  

  • Also, how long will you be on hiatus from the "crew"?

    By Blogger fuzzy, at 11:23 AM  

  • Not sure, didn't put a time table on things.

    By Blogger Jay, at 3:58 PM  

  • When I wanted to go the museum, ya bitches wanted to go to the village.

    hmmph. I'm kidding.


    Drinking is fun, no turning back for me now! LOL.

    In reference to your "break." I already kinda seen this coming, so I mentally prepared myself for it. As long as your bitch azz is here for American Idol then you can go back to the hole to which you came from to meditate talk to the animal spirits and find the true meaning of life while eating donuts and spewing cum all over your forhead waiting for prince "not so charming" to sweep you off your feet, beat you, make love to you, break up with you and do it all over again. Trust me you will enjoy it.

    love you!

    By Blogger ShawnQt, at 5:37 PM  

  • I tell you one thing... NO MORE PARTIES FOR A LONG AZZ TIME.

    Cleaning this damn floor, washing these damn dishes! How the hell you use a glass, and there are paper cups all over the place! Snooty bitches!

    Ok that is the end of my rant.
    Love You!

    By Blogger ShawnQt, at 5:39 PM  

  • Lmfao...don't forget to clean the sheets, comforters, sofa covers, chairs, walls and whereever else there is cum at...lol.

    By Blogger Jay, at 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home