Jay's Distorted World

Friday, February 23, 2007

SEVEN DEADLY SINS

Most people have heard the expression, “money is the root of all evil.” This may be true but I have found the game that is pure evil, made of the devil and does to the mind what no amount of alcohol can achieve. Seven Deadly Sins is that game and never have I come up against any object or substance that consumes me in a way that I am no longer worried about the consequences of my actions.

The first time I played the game I was less than impressed. The game seemed like a cheesy trivia game and all of the players weren’t really into trying all the SIN cards. Wait, let me rewind and explain the game a little. There are two set of cards. The first set of cards is the trivia questions. Answering these questions correctly allow the players to roll again and continue their turn. The more exciting cards and the key to victory are the Sin cards. The goal of the game is to earn all 7 tokens (one for each sin), to earn a token a player must land on a Sin icon on the board and perform a task that corresponds to that sin from the Sin card they draw. This is where the game gets very interesting and where control is lost. One sin card requires a player to kiss all the other players anywhere on their body they choose. Can you imagine the possibilities?

I will not go into details on what exactly has happened during one of these games, but think about it. You are in a room with a bunch of attractive people, knowledge is being shared through conversations, intellect is being challenged with each trivia question, and then a sin card request that the most attractive person in the room has to French kiss everyone in the room and this is not the worst of the sin cards. Add some drinks and you do the math. I’ve decided I’m not playing again unless I have a date, a hotel room and my overnight bag (I’ll explain what’s in that bag later…lol).

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home